Top 10 Surprising Facts About Snapchat. Here below you can find out top ten amazing Facts about Snapchat. Snapchat is world famous image messaging and multimedia mobile application .
Facts About Snapchat
- Originally Snapchat was called Picaboo, and it was first launched in July 2011 in Spiegel’s father’s living room on the Apple App Store.
- Picaboo was renamed Snapchat when the app was rebranded and added to the Google Play in 2012 for Android users.
- Inspiration for the disappearing messages came to Spiegel and Murphy after a friend regretted sending a photo to someone else.
- According to the Institutional Venture Partners, Snapchat is valued at $800 million thanks to impressive funding drives.
- Snapchat’s mascot is called “Ghostface Chillah”, a name Brown derived from Ghostface Killah of the group Wu-Tang Clan.
- Percent of US iPhone users with Snapchat: 20.8%
- In the United States, the Snapchat app is 10th on the Apple App Store.
- It’s estimated that Snapchat has between 26 to 30 million users in the U.S.
- In the United Kingdom, 25 percent of smartphone owners have reported using Snapchat.
- It’s been found that 50 percent of all smartphone users in Norway use Snapchat.