Top 10 Weird Facts but Strange true. Here below you can read top ten Weird Facts That Are Strange But True. Read these True facts and amaze yourself .
- Birds do not sleep in their nests. They may occasionally nap in them, but they actually sleep in other places.
- The formula for cold cream has hardly changed at all in the 1,700 years since it was originally made by the Roman physician Galen
- Crocodiles and alligators are surprisingly fast on land. Although they are rapid, they are not agile; so if you ever find yourself chased by one, run in a zigzag line. You’ll lose him or her every time.
- In 1500 B.C. in Egypt a shaved head was considered the ultimate in feminine beauty. Egyptian women removed every hair from their heads with special gold tweezers and polished their scalps to a high sheen with buffing cloths.
- In ancient China and certain parts of India, mouse meat was considered a great delicacy.
- In ancient Greece, where the mouse was sacred to Apollo, mice were sometimes devoured by temple priests.
- In the United States, a pound of potato chips costs two hundred times more than a pound of potatoes.
- A giraffe can go without water longer than a camel can.
- Blue whales weigh as much as 30 elephants and are as long as 3 Greyhound buses.
- Tibetans, Mongolians, and people in parts of western China put salt in their tea instead of sugar